Update: Link to slides
The upgrade path between major versions of Drupal is now more flexible and extensible than ever allowing many new ways to get content into your new Drupal 8 site. This is the result of refactoring, expanding, and porting the Migrate and Drupal-to-Drupal Data Migration modules into Drupal 8 core.
In this training we will walk you through the process of migrating using the Drush/UI, explaining concepts and strategies for approaching migration. We will also get into more advanced topics like, explaining how you can override the migration related configuration, write your migration configuration, and help you identify when you will need to make use of plugins to extend migration.
Outline / Agenda
- Concepts / Introduction
- Running a “full” migration from D6 to D8 and modifying migraitons generated by core.
- Writing a custom migration from scratch, using an external Database source.
- Writing a custom migration from scratch, using a XML / JSON source file.
- Information about different Process Plugins that exists.
- Create a custom process plugin, in order to modify data before it is saved in Drupal.
- A fresh copy of D8, installed.
- Migrate, Migrate Plus and migrate tools should be installed.
- Working Drush 8.
Please see: Bring your own laptops. No computers will be provided.
Participation Fee: Free, but registration is required.